Sunday, September 19, 2010

Completed Mendell Fence, Roxbury & Jamaica Plain, Boston, Massachusetts

I was commissioned to design and create a fence to enclose a new outdoor classroom at the Ellis Mendell School on School Street on the border between Jamaica Plain and Roxbury. Here it is. The project was generously supported by the Edward Ingersol Browne Fund, the Center for Art and Community Partnerships at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design, and Sculpture Metalworking and Welding Shops at MassArt. I would like to thank the following folks who's labor and support made this happen: Alaina Mahoney, Ray Krenecki, Molly Withers, Karen Cahill, Julia Bott, Julie Stone, Karen Pfefferle, Lizzie Bodkin, Mike Clapham, Ezra Frechette, Matt Koestner, Ryan Krakowski, Reid Drum, Ken Hartl, Howie Larosee, Jeffery Refinatti, Casey Engels, Tina Hinajosa, Karin Goodfellow, Bob Fleming, Chantal Duchard, Kaki Martin, and my very patient and lovely wife, Elena. I apologize if I have forgotten anyone! Please let me know!

No comments: